Photograph of the first schoolhouse in Carver County (in Chanhassen Township) c.1855. At the time, the school's teacher was Susan Hazeltine. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.
Early schools in Minnesota were one-room schoolhouses. The first school in Carver County, built in 1855, was one of these. It became part of the first school district in Minnesota, Public School District #1 in Carver, which was formed in 1856.
Side view of St. Bernard's Church in Cologne taken in the spring of 1999. The church's school can be seen on the right side of the image. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.
St. John's Lutheran Church and School at 300 4th Street East in Chaska. The church is the long, three-story building; the church is on its far right side. Note the steeple at the far right of the church. Photograph collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.