Sawmill on the Red Lake Reservation, c.1945.
Hot pond and log storage for the new mill of Northern Lumber Company (Cloquet Lumber Company), c.1930.
William W. Eastman, c.1890, one of the primary people responsible for the tunnel project.
Reconstructing St. Anthony Falls, 1869 (2). Oil painting, 1869. Painter: Peter Gui Clausen.
Reconstructing St. Anthony Falls, 1869 (1). Oil painting, 1869. Painter: Peter Gui Clausen.
Clean-up crew after the tunnel break at Saint Anthony Falls, 1869. Photographer: Beal’s Art Gallery.
Break in the tunnel at Saint Anthony Falls, 1869.
The rapids of Saint Anthony Falls in 1869, as they appeared before the break in the tunnel.
John L. Merriam, c.1865, one of the primary people responsible for the tunnel project.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .