Land Ceded by the 1847 Treaty of Fond Du Lac(green)

Land Ceded by the 1847 Treaty of Fond Du Lac(green)

Description

The portion of land in green was ceded by the Mississippi and Lake Superior Ojibwe to be used as a “buffer,” and was allotted to the Ho-Chunk. The portion in purple was ceded by the Pillager Ojibwe, and was allotted to the Menominee. Charles C. Royce, editor Published by United States Bureau of American Ethnology, Washington, DC Lithography by A. Moen & Co., 1898. Public domain.

Holding Location

Wikimedia Commons

More Information

Articles