United States Light House Service uniform hat worn by Orren Young, the first head light keeper at Split Rock Light Station. Young wore the hat between 1910 and 1928.
Underground miner, Mesabi Range, c.1906.
Underground mining on the Mesabi Range, 1906.
Unfinished watercolor and pencil study for a poster, possibly by Mary S. Campbell, c.1915.
Men's full length Munsingwear union suit. The union suit is knit of a wool and cotton blend and has long sleeves, a high neck, full open front with twelve white buttons, and a back flap. The suit's knit cuffs are sewn to each sleeve and leg opening.
Universal Laboratories Building, 2009.
Paper postcard (made c.1905) depicting the University of Minnesota Armory, where the concluding gala of the National Afro-American League's 1902 meeting was held. This building still stands.
Watercolor of the Grand Marais Lighthouse by Mike Lynch,1984. Lynch was involved with the Grand Marais Art Colony.
Canteen used by Private Daniel H. Hunt, Company A, Third Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
Frock coat worn by Col. Christopher C. Andrews of the Third Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .